Lions around the world are united by a great spirit of giving and dedication to helping others. As the official charitable organization of Lions Clubs International, a leading humanitarian organization, Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) supports Lions’ compassionate works by providing grant funding for their local and global humanitarian efforts.
We help Lions Serve
LCIF helps Lions improve peoples’ lives around the world, from combating vision problems to responding to major catastrophes to providing valuable life skills to youth. Because LCIF helps Lions carry out large-scale projects through our grant programs, Lions increase their impact in their local and global communities and serve even more people in need around the world.
Our funds come from individuals
Donations from over 1.4+ million Lions in 210 countries and geographic areas provide the vast majority of the revenue received by LCIF, making the Foundation a leading humanitarian organization. Lions know their donations matter and that funds entrusted to LCIF will support initiatives that impact communities and change lives.
We form lasting and successful partnerships
LCIF leverages the donations we receive through effective partnerships with other foundations, corporations and governments on the local, national and international level. We are proud that LCIF was named the #1 non-governmental organization worldwide with which to partner, according to a 2007 Financial Times independent survey.
We have key areas of service
To support Lions’ mission of serving communities and meeting humanitarian needs, LCIF provides grants in these focus areas:
- Saving Sight
- Serving Youth
- Providing Disaster Relief
- Meeting Humanitarian Needs
We make an impact
LCIF and Lions reach millions of people and accomplish visible results. Some of our accomplishments include:
- Preventing serious vision loss for more than 30 million people
- Providing over 153.3 million treatments for river blindness
- Engaging more than 13 million students and 600,000 educators in 90 countries in the youth development program Lions Quest
- Building or expanding 615 eye hospitals/clinics/wards
- Conducting more than 19 million vision screenings for children through Sight for Kids
- Providing vision screening for more than 350,000 Special Olympics athletes from 85 countries through Opening Eyes
Covid-19 Pandemic Response
- LCIF has made 343 Covid-19 Grants totalling US$5,187,097 since early 2020
- One grant was made in mid 2020 to the Lions Clubs of the British Isles totalling £161,468 for distribution to the 20 Air Ambulances in the UK for the purchase of PPE.